Peritoneal Mesothelioma Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed/died with/from Peritoneal Mesothelioma, our Peritoneal Mesothelioma attorneys are are committed to getting the best compensation for you and your family. We have the resources and experience to help you through this difficult time.
Our Nationwide Network of Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys Recovered More Than 1 Billion Dollars For Mesothelioma Victims.
Choosing one of our Nationwide Experienced Peritoneal Mesothelioma Attorneys will make a huge difference in the compensation you get from negligent asbestos manufacturers and asbestos companies.
On average, less than 500 new cases or peritoneal mesothelioma are diagnosed in the United States each year, very few of which are given before the disease has reached its advanced stages.
What is Peritoneal Mesothelioma?
Peritoneal Mesothelioma (a rare form of Mesothelioma) is a form of asbestos cancer that attacks the cell walls in the peritoneum (thin membranes that lubricate and protect the abdominal cavity).
Once the lining of the abdomen is attacked, it prohibit the organs in the abdominal area from working properly. Peritoneal mesothelioma is typically classified as either “wet” or “dry.”
- Wet peritoneal mesothelioma produces an abundance of nodules in the abdominal area, and has ascites present.
- Dry peritoneal mesothelioma produces masses of cancerous cells, yet no ascites.
When compared with other types of cancers, peritoneal mesothelioma is quite rare. Only 500 people each year are diagnosed with the disease, which is around 20% of all cases of mesothelioma.
Peritoneal Mesothelioma Facts
Peritoneal mesothelioma is the second most common, behind the most well-known and most common form, pleural mesothelioma.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma of the abdomen is caused by asbestos exposure.
- Females usually survive longer than males diagnosed with Peritoneal Mesothelioma.
- About 20 percent of the Mesothelioma patients are diagnosed with peritoneal Mesothelioma.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma cancer symptoms can take 20-40 years after initial exposure to develop.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma develops in the abdomen in the mesothelial cells of the peritoneum.
- The peritoneum is located in the abdominal cavity that provides protection for the abdominal organs.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma cancer develops when asbestos fibers become lodged in the mesothelial cells.
- With a multiple treatment approach including surgery and chemotherapy the median survival time increases 4-5 years.
- There is no known cure for Peritoneal Mesothelioma, doctor’s work to relieve symptoms and improve the quality of life.
Causes of Peritoneal Mesothelioma
Peritoneal mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos. Inhaling asbestos is the primary reason for the majority of mesothelioma cases, victims with peritoneal mesothelioma can contract the disease by swallowing or ingesting asbestos fibers as well as through inhalation.
Asbestos was typically ingested on job sites that used the mineral when it was popular and little was known about its devastating effects. Majority of peritoneal mesothelioma cases originate in victims who’ve worked in steel plants, power plants, paper mills, automotive shops, and naval shipyards.
Peritoneal Mesothelioma Symptoms Include:
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling of the abdominal cavity
- Loss of appetite/rapid weight loss
- Intestinal obstruction/impaired bowel function
- Anemia, general weakness or extreme fatigue
Peritoneal Mesothelioma Treatment Options:
- Radiation therapy
Peritoneal Mesothelioma has been linked to workplace asbestos exposure.
If you have any legal questions about a possible Mesothelioma lawsuit, we are ready to start taking immediate actions.
For a free case evaluation, please call the law offices of Jazlowiecki & Jazlowiecki Toll Free: 1.888-537-2120 or contact us online. An experienced Peritoneal Mesothelioma Attorney will be available to discuss your potential lawsuit or answer your questions and other concerns you may have.
3 easy way to contact us:
PERITONEAL MESOTHELIOMA HELPLINE
CALL NOW TOLL FREE: 1.888-537-2120
CHAT WITH US 24/7
FILL OUT OUR FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM
We can often tell within a few minutes whether we will be able to legally assist you. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.